Things to do in Halifax
Our hotel is located in close proximity to many exciting things to do in Halifax. You'll love our convenient location in the heart of downtown and just one block from the Waterfront. With the ocean, unique restaurants, and shops nearby, you will have plenty to see and do. Locate popular Halifax attractions on the interactive map below.
- Casino Nova Scotia – Try your luck at this lively casino. Visitors can grab a bite to eat and enjoy a specialty drink as well after hitting the slots.
- Historic Properties – No visit to Halifax is complete without visiting the area of Historic Properties. Find charming restaurants, unique shops, bars, and historical buildings all along the water.
- Point Pleasant Park – Enjoy the ocean and scenic views at one of Halifax’s most popular parks. Walk along the winding trails, pack a picnic, or go for a run – the possibilities are endless!
- Halifax Public Gardens – Stroll through the beautiful Victorian floral park that has been open since 1875. The garden is complete with features such as pavilions, a café, bandstands, duck ponds, and more. Please note this attraction is open seasonally.
- Lawrencetown Beach – Spend some time outdoors on a sandy beach. This beach is home to big waves for Nova Scotia and local surfers.
- Waterfront Walk - Experience Halifax like a local. Walk along the Waterfront walk's 3.8km path from Pier 21 to Casino Nova Scotia.
- Citadel National Historic Site – Step back in history by visiting an important part of Canada’s history. Walk around this 18th century fort and take in the breathtaking views of Halifax.
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 – Take a guided tour and hear stories from those who experienced Canadian immigration at Pier 21. Tour guides are very helpful and will paint a visual picture of what it was like as an immigrant.
- Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History – Explore ancient fossils, sea creatures from a tide pool, a whale skeleton, and deadly mushrooms at this museum of natural history.